Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Years - Lancaster Style

Oh man, I really need to clean my room. It's really not lookin' good - clothes everywhere, starbucks and other mugs...mail...looks like it's going to be a Friday night in for this girl with laundry and organizing on the agenda.

But right now, laying under my covers on this Wednesday evening and doing a little blogging seems way better than anything else I can think of. Those two-a-day workouts must be really getting the best of me! I've decided I have some serious fitness goals for this year, so waking up at 545 almost everyday for a 615 spin class has been the norm, followed by work, and then closing the day with either spin, pilates or yoga...

Which reminds me, in addition to cleaning on my Friday night in, I also really need to sit and write my New Years Resolutions. It's a goal of mine to have my goals written. Yearly, monthly, weekly, daily goals - whatever it takes to help myself be a better person - whatever it takes to enrich my body, my mind and my soul.

Anyway, that brings me to wanting to share my New Years Celebrations. Another success with my girlfriends...

To celebrate the coming of a New Year - I headed to Amish Country to visit one of my very best friends, Marianne, in Lancaster so that we could bring in 2014 together. I love traveling East because I always get to see more than just one goodie - Meg came in from Philly to visit too.

I got their late Jan 30, so we had to spend all Jan 31 catch up, watch the most memorable moments recap on 'Kelly and Michael' (hilarious -  sometimes I wish I could stay home and watch daytime TV everyday), have a few failed attempts at getting a cute selfie...


these aren't tooooo bad...



but, we've done better.

We had an afternoon beer flight at my favorite spot in Lancaster, The Spring House Brewing Co. Taproom...


(I sipped on that fourth one from the left a little too soon ;-)

And we bought lots of lots of champagne for the celebrations...


For the evening, of course we had a great snack table...Thanks, Meg for the Tomato Pie (a Philly favorite). And Jamie, we missed you - but that dip your mom makes is there in the corner ;-)


We did lots of cheersing...

(champagne with sorbet...delicious)
We stepped back into our college days with lots of beer pong...but mostly we just got to enjoy each others company.

I am so blessed to have such amazing, beautiful friends...


xo, cheers, namaste,

MK

P.S. I figured I'd start the New Year off cooking so I made a New Years Day Breakfast for a hungry (maybe hungover ;-)) bunch...

(look at all those eggs!)

Happy (belated) 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please share! xo MK