Thursday, August 8, 2013

Karen's Corn and Black Bean Dip

When I went to visit my dear friend Jamie a few weeks ago - she made this amaaaaazing dip that her mother (Karen) makes. So simple, so easy, and so delicious. It's perfect because it is made with all ingredients that you can keep in the house - so any time you need to whip something together quickly before heading out the door to meet some friends or family - you can make this:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn 
Feta cheese
green onion (if you have it)

To make the dressing I mixed the sugar and the apple cider vinegar together, then slowly whisked in the olive oil. Every time I have made this I have had to make adjustments to the dressing - so make sure to TASTE and adjust!


Then I rinsed and dried out as much as possible the black beans and the corn - then just poured the dressing right on top!


I am taking this to Deep Creek with me this weekend as a snack with some tortilla chips for everyone. I'm hoping the flavor from the dressing really gets soaked into the corn and beans overnight. I will add the Feta when it's time to serve. Green onions are an option if you have them laying around as well.

p.s. I took this to a tailgate once and forgot the Feta cheese - it was still a big hit.
p.s.s. I doubled the recipe in these photos.

Looking forward to another weekend away!

xo. cheers.

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please share! xo MK