Sunday, January 27, 2013

success

Well, another successful week has passed. Successful in that I got a new kitchen table - a happy hand me down, had drinks with my friend Anna who was in town for a few days, got my nails done (a favorite treat of mine), had some good food at some good restaurants with good friends, made a delicious pork roast and homemade chicken noodle soup, played with some doggies, and got some time to myself too.

Saturday night I had dinner at Round Corner Cantina, and it was amazing. Best guacamole and margaritas I've had in awhile (and I ate at Stephen Starr's El Vez in Philly just last week!). Yay for Pittsburgh and your good food. Here are the Tacos de Pescado that I had:


Tempura mahi-mahi, delicious. Plus I got to hang out with my good friends who I haven't seen in way too long, Alison and Andrea. This morning we decided to keep the good eats coming, so we went to one of Pittsburgh's famous breakfast spots - Dor-Stop Restaurant:



A family diner that is worth a visit if you're looking for breakfast or lunch. Even Guy Fieri from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives has stopped by:


And, as mentioned before, I did some cooking of my own. I made this pork roast that I got from a blog I stumbled upon called Cafe Johnsonia:



I will most definitely be subscribing to this fab food blog. The pork turned out beautifully and was simple and easy to make. Plus it was a slow cooker recipe, which I have been experimenting with lately. The convenience of the slow cooker is ingenious and I can't believe I've waited so long to utilize mine...you live, you learn! I also made chicken stock in my crock pot this week, a recipe I found on a food sharing website, Tablespoon. I put all the ingredients in, went to sleep, and woke up and it was done! It's kind of magic. Then I made a cold weather classic - Chicken Noodle Soup.

So, like I said, a successful week - friends, food, new furniture, and new finds - plus I got to play in the snow with two of my favorite pups:


Cheers,

MK


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, please share! xo MK